Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Barack Obama: The Over Coverage

I have been watching a little bit of the coverage of our new president on CNN and all of the other major media stations. It seems to me that they are completely over covering Mr. Obama. I mean the inauguration and his speech was one thing.

Don't get me wrong, I think the man has fantastic potential but I think having to clean up after George Bush's mess will set him a little behind. When I say coverage of Barack Obama I dont mean how the media covers major decisions about the economy or major political issues concerning our country, I mean daily life.

When news stations like CNN don't have any major news to cover, it seems that they start to cover something about Barack Obama. For instance: what kind of dog he has and information about that breed or where he went for a walk.

I mean it is getting kind of ridiculous. In a sense I think they have been over covering him. Isn't there any other story they can be covering about foreign affairs or possible war in Iraq updates or ANYTHING ELSE besides something to do with Barack Obama. I realize he broke major ground by becoming the first African American president and for being our newly elected president at that, but there is only so much to be said about one person. After awhile everyone will be saying a lot of the same things about him, his decisions, and his daily life but in different words then their competition.

I am just as interested in the next political move by the president as much as anyone else but I am not very concerned about what his kids options for school lunch are (thats creepy CNN).

2 comments:

  1. Well he is the most known man and most powerful in the world.
    No big deal, it will eventually die out. Its called media, its a big propaganda. It's their jobs to do the coverage, they get paid to get dumb insider stuff.
    And it's Mr. President, no longer Mr. Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just used Mr. Obama because I felt that saying Barack was being too personal. I guess i just didn't feel like using his new title.

    ReplyDelete